The Graphics Fairy's Dining Room

I have made so many wonderful friends through my blog and it was a real treat to meet many of them at Blissdom a few weeks ago.  It was a very special thing, though, when I befriended a blogger who lives only about 30 minutes from me.  It got even better when we got along really well and I was over the moon when she asked me to work with her in her space at The Old Lucketts Store.  In case you didn't know, I'm talking about Karen aka The Graphics Fairy.  Not only is she a very cool person, but she has amazing style. 

When I first saw her dining room, I knew I needed to bring my camera the next time I was invited over. 


First of all, Karen has gorgeous family pieces and antiques to work with and then they were artfully arranged by Amy Whyte, who is one of the Lucketts Design House designers and was a stylist for Country Home and a few other magazines.  Amy has impeccable taste.


She chose a round table over a more traditional rectangular one, because it suited the space better.  I love how she set the hutch off center in the room.  It still looks perfectly balanced, but not overly formal. 



A monogrammed pitcher is filled with bird feathers and one of her antique graphics.  A little "nest" is tucked in behind. 


The French clocks provide a little glam, but having one that is missing the face keeps the arrangement from looking too precious.

This amazing guilt mirror is one of her family pieces.  No one else in her family wanted it!  Can you believe that? 


Amy used antique sheet music as place mats and then layered two different china patterns on top. 


The centerpiece is a stack of old books and a cloche with a nest and bird print.  I am in love with the warmth and simplicity of this idea.

I had to share one last thing in her home..this amazing clock! 


I think I'm going to try to make one of these.  It's about 3' x 3' and it makes a great statement over her family room fire place. 

I hope you're inspired!  I was.


Tomorrow I am going to unveil the first part of the prize for the winner of the "Copy Me Challenge", so stay tuned and keep linking up.  It's open until Friday!

Miss Mustard Seed