Staging my home...for ME!

This is a crazy idea for me at this stage in my life.  I'm always staging for blog photos, magazine photos, HGTV.com photos and in between the staging, my house is totally un-staged.  I'm really working on balance this year and a part of that is doing things for me, my house and my family, so my home doesn't feel like one big workshop, set and prop closet.  I enjoy a beautiful space.  I enjoy creating it, living in it and the process is very therapeutic for me. 

Yesterday morning, a part of creating that balance meant that I sat down on the couch in my jammies and watched a movie while my kids were at school.  I didn't work or clean or run errands.  I just sat and ate a late breakfast and watched a movie I hadn't seen before.  I had plenty I needed to work on, but wasting time is a rare and wonderful thing that I can allow myself every once in a while. 


 This morning I cleaned my house, did the laundry, and then I "played." Playing for me is staging my house. Not for any reason or photo shoot or project, but just because I wanted to. We've had a couple of warm and sunny days, so I was feeling particularly springy today. I collected birds, nests, moss, mercury glass, pedestals and old books.


I came up with a pretty, subtle spring-themed arrangement on my dining room table. 


I filled out a craft store bird's nest with some dried grass and tucked it into a china soup bowl and saucer. 



The second cloche covered a dried grass nest, ceramic eggs, feathers and two bird sketches I purchased from Etsy. 


The final pedestal was filled with dark green reindeer moss a silver bird (which I was going to sell, but one of my kids dropped it and broke the crown), and a couple of guinea fowl feathers from a friend's farm.


A broken crown made the bird unsellable, but it's still good enough for me!


I placed the smallest pedestal on an open antique book. 


...and a few more guinea fowl feathers are scattered around the base. 

The mercury glass candle holders and glass pedestals with cloches were purchased at TJ Maxx. 


Miss Mustard Seed

Furniture Feature Friday is open tonight through midnight, so enter your link below if you have something to share.