Union Jack Dresser

Well, some of you are so smart and you guessed right away what I was up to in my post yesterday. 


Yes.  I painted a Union Jack dresser.  The concept came about a few weeks ago when I was moving some furniture into Lucketts.  Karen carries a wonderful line of British themed wrapping paper and suggested painting a union jack sign.  That idea transformed into the thought of making a Union Jack dresser. 


I started hunting for a good candidate and found this one on Craig's List.  It was perfect. 



It was handy that this antique dresser was already painted blue, but it needed a fresh coat, anyway.  I stripped the top to reveal the gorgeous (and very heavy) solid wood underneath.  I almost always change out the hardware on furniture, but when I noticed a plastic bag with the original hardware in it, I removed the modern nickle hardware in favor of the antique brass pulls. 


Once the flag was painted and dried, I sanded the edges to give it a worn look and antiqued it.  Now, I am glad to be an American, but I must say, the Brits have a pretty stinkin' cool flag.  They also have the most amazing cottages and clotted cream.  And they have a cool accent. 


Anyway, I'm only showing tight shots of this dresser, but more details and tutorials will come down the road and I'll let you know where you can find them. 


Patience, patience.  Until then, if you love this dresser with all your heart and must own it, it will be for sale at the Old Lucketts Store Ground Hog Day sale, February 4-6. 

Miss Mustard Seed