What's Up

**Warning**
This post is ALL OVER THE PLACE, so just go with it. 

Man, I am still recovering from Blissdom!  That trip was awesome, but it really kicked my butt.  I've been struggling to get back into my routine and this is not a good week to struggle.  The Old Lucketts Store is having their famous Ground Hogs Day sale this coming weekend and I need to have several pieces in the wings to fill the holes left by furniture that (hopefully) sells. 

My Union Jack Dresser was going to be the centerpiece of our space for the sale, but it sold already!  I'm really glad about it, but now I am scrambling. 


I let my husband know that trips around the area to pick up Craigs List furniture is going to be a part of this week. 

This evening I spotted a Tweet mentioning how cute I looked on a poster.  Really?  I clicked on the picture and saw this...

(Thanks to Kami Bigler for Tweeting this picture!)

Cool!  DecoArt had asked my opinion on their paints and for permission to use my image, but I had no idea I was going to be on a huge display!  Fun stuff.  I wish I could have my picture taken next to it.  I'm a dork like that. 

Once the house was quiet, I forced myself to the basement to work on some furniture.  I scored this piece when I bought a collection of antique doors at a yard sale last spring.  It was missing a drawer, but it had pretty legs and was sturdy, so I took it.  Well, I paid for it first, then I took it. 


I stripped the paint off the top...


...and revealed this beautiful wood grain underneath. 


My husband built a new drawer, so the piece can be functional. 


Tomorrow I'll work on painting and refinishing the piece.  I also have a French provincial buffet in the works, but nothing is finished, yet. 

You'll have to wait a few days for the full reveals. 

Miss Mustard Seed