Just the After

Picture with me, if you will, the buffet below...all natural wood, a little tired, a little worn, and a little dirty.   


I did have a before picture that I took with my iPhone when I found it in an antique shop, but my son deleted it while playing with said iPhone in church yesterday.  Bummer.  Before and afters aren't quite as exciting without the before shot. 


You'll have to use your imagination.  I cleaned it, sanded it and painted the bottom with one coat of bonding primer and two coats of SW Creamy in semi-gloss.  I sanded the edges and applied a dark wax to antique and protect it.  The top was cleaned and waxed to give it a new luster.  This piece has a great applique detail between the doors, that lock with the original key.  It's a really cool piece. 

Man, it feels like such a let down to write a before and after post without the before.  Oh well.  Next time. 

I am reaching the end of my Christmas projects for HGTV.com, so my slipcover video tutorial series will be starting shortly.  Hang on!

Miss Mustard Seed

If the mirror above looks familiar to you, that's because The Nester just posted about an identical one that's in her bedroom. Sorry, but mine already sold.