Miss Mustard Seed and Funky Junk Interiors Present: The "Copy Me" Challenge

If you frequent my blog, I'm sure you are starting to pinpoint my style.  You may see something in a shop or in a magazine and think to yourself, "Miss Mustard Seed would love that!" 


You can see a picture of a room and instantly know it's mine. 


Now, if you read Funky Junk Interiors, you might see a rusted piece of junk and immediately think of Donna, AKA Miss Funky Junk herself. 


...and you know when you see a "Donna" room.  It is like no other.  I mean, have you ever seen a dining room like this, before?

Do you think you know our styles? 

Well, let's put it to the test. 

You're officially invited to two


link parties!


~ When? ~

Watch both Miss Mustard Seed's and Funky Junk's follower widgets. Once Donna's followers pass the 4000 mark (which will happen any day now), her link party will begin.  I have about 370 to go, but once mine passes 4000 a second link party will be held here. 

~ The Theme ~

Funky Junk's theme will be HER salvaged junk style. 
And Miss Mustard Seed's party will be MY upscale vintage style.

Copy us for a day!

~ The twist ~


It's like Freaky Friday.  I will wake up on the morning her widget hits 4000 and I will be in my driveway, in a flannel shirt, sawing away at some old wood, turning it into a really cool piece of furniture that would sell for good money in a chic, industrial shop.  My neighbors will gawk and I'll have a swell time, eh?  (She's Canadian, in case you didn't know, so I had to throw an "eh" in there.)

Donna will soon follow...with a sudden urge to paint or glitter everything in site.  Her sewing machine will be turned right-side-up and she will sew some pleats as fast as the wind blows.  She will channel her inner love of all things French provincial and may even color her hair blonde and sing musical theatre tunes while she works. 

Donna is challenging me to emulate her style...

...and I'm getting her back by challenging her to emulate mine. 

Challenges all around. 

Can you be me? 

Can you be Donna?

Can I be Donna?

Can Donna be me? 

We'll have to give it a try and find out.  Just to add an initial incentive, there will be an awesome prize at each blog for the best emulator.

~ How to play ~

1) Funky Junk's party - create a new post or link up an old one that reflects Funky Junk's style and have it ready to post anytime after her meter flips over 4000!

2) Miss Mustard Seed's party - create a new post or link up an old one that reflects my style and have it ready to post on my blog anytime after my meter flips over 4000!  You may have a while... 

But you'll have to watch both blogs. They'll start ANYTIME after a meter flips. So, follow along so you don't miss out!


Copy Me Challenge



 
 

Think it sounds like fun? 

We do!

Check out Donna's post today to check out her version of our invitation! 


Miss Mustard Seed