Signature Required

I learned one thing yesterday.  People are very opinionated about painting wood or not painting it.  People on both sides of the argument claimed to be angels.  People from both the "paint them" and "don't touch them" camps claimed their solution ties or would tie the room together.  I must say, I really enjoyed reading all of the comments and the opinions given are valued.  Despite the conflicting advice, it was helpful and made me realize what I really want to do. 

I should clarify a few things, though.  These cabinets are not family heirlooms..well, they are, but they were my uncle's mother's and she was not related to me at all.  They were hand-me-down freebies through my generous aunt.  Really, really nice hand-me-down freebies, but she didn't even blink when I asked if I could paint them.  Second, they are not old.  I would not be painting over the warm patina that only old wood has.  It has a new, unblemished finish.  Does that change any opinions?

I planned to share all of this today with accompanying photographs, but, see, there's a tiny little problem.  The only functioning lens I have at the moment is my new wide angle 10-20mm lens.  The other two were/are supposed to arrive today. It's past 6 pm, now. A signature is required, so I didn't shower.  I didn't change out of my jammies.  I didn't even put my contacts in unless another person was in the house who could answer the door and sign for my lenses.  I had the day planned around getting those lenses while the sun was still shining.  I could take all of the pictures I had been unable to take for the past two days.  Sigh.  Things didn't turn out as planned.  I'm still waiting for a knock on the door. 

So, since I couldn't take any new pictures, all I have to share are some pictures I took a few days ago of a couple of recent finds. 


Isn't this bird sweet?  I found five of them and bought them all.  They are going to the shop and Chartreuse on Monday. 


And this fabulous gold frame was on deep discount due to a few dings in the resin.  I have been working on it for the past couple of days and it is looking amazing! 

That's all I have to tie you over. 

Still waiting for the knock...

Miss Mustard Seed