New Lenses

My new lenses finally arrived late Wednesday evening.  It was after 7:00 pm and I was the last stop on the UPS route.  I practically hugged the delivery guy.  "I've been waiting for you ALL DAY LONG!!"  He apologized and I grabbed the package, signed for it, dashed to the back of the house and sat on the floor to open the long-awaited package.  

It was really dark, which is not good for the kind of pictures I wanted to take.  The lenses were so cold from sitting in the truck since 4 AM, so they fogged from the warmth of my house.  I was not going to get to play with them right away, so I had to wait until morning. 

As soon as the sun broke the next day, I was snapping pictures.  (I get to see a lot of sunrises with my 2 1/2 year old...) 

Anyway, I thought I would share some shots with you.  I have really loved playing with the "depth of field" on my 35mm lens.  The following pictures are straight from the camera.  No PhotoShop or adjusting exposure.  Just straight from my camera to the screen (with only the addition of my watermark.) 

This is a closeup of a leg on one of the French Chairs in my living room. 


This is a little sneak peek from when I was "playing Donna" this morning.  I actually made a video...it's going to be a lot of fun. 


And I took this one as I was shooting some of my Christmas projects for HGTV.com.  I love the "bokeh effect" of the Christmas tree lights in the background.   (Thanks, Sherry, I didn't know that is what it was called!) 


Anyway, I am having a blast playing with my new toys.  Expensive toys, but very fun toys. 

Do you wonder why I was "playing Donna" this morning?  Read all about the Copy Me Challenge and make sure you get in on the fun! 



Copy Me Challenge


Miss Mustard Seed