The Angel & the Devil

You know those two voices on your shoulder? Yeah...they're whispering to me. About my corner cabinets in my dining room.


Sorry for the picture.  My old 28-80mm lens finally totally crapped out and won't focus on anything at all, so I'm having to share an old picture where the cabinets are cut off.  My new lenses are arriving tomorrow.  Hallelujah!!
Back to the cabinets. 

One voice tells me, "They're beautiful wood.  There's not a scratch on them.  You would regret painting them.  There are people who might even pass out if you painted pieces that were that nice." 

The other tells me, "You love painted furniture.  A soft chippy white and gray finish with blue interiors would look amazing.  It would make these pieces custom and extraordinary.  Just look at the piece in this dining room..."


The reply, "Yeah, but you may regret it and you would definitely have to paint over the peacock on the wall.  That would be a pain."

"Yeah, it would, but that's OK. I painted the trumeau mirror and I love how it turned out..." 



"But that was a $20 yard sale mirror, these are really nice corner cabinets that are probably worth a lot of money.  You would definitely ruin them."

"I don't know.  I just feel like I would love them painted."

That's the kind of conversation that is happening between the two spiritual beings on my shoulders.  Here's the dilemma.  I don't know who's the angel and who's the devil. 

Miss Mustard Seed