Sheet Music Side Table

Almost all of my small side tables that were in the shop have sold, so my shop owner asked me to make more.  One problem...it's been, like, three degrees outside, so I have not been able to use my spray booth.  (I have to open my basement doors for ventilation and really cold air and wet paint don't play nice.)

So, I had this yawn of a table that was my printer stand in my office...it's a small table and it's already painted.  So, I stared at it for a while and waited for some inspiration.

I really like how my Mod Podge Table turned out, so I decided to try it again, but with a different look.  I have loads of old sheet music that I rescued from my grandparent's attic and thought it would look lovely on the white table.

I used Mod Podge to decoupage the sheet music to the table top and bottom shelf.

I then distressed the edges of the table and finished it off with an antiquing stain.  I love how the stain seeped through onto the sheet music in some areas causing dark spots.  It looks perfectly aged.

This table had a lot of imperfections.  I think I bought it at a yard sale for $1.00!  Because of this, antiquing and glazing it was a great way to hide and even emphasize some of the flaws.

If you like my little mossy topiaries, you can see how I made them here.

One note, Maggie from The White Farmhouse paid me a great compliment with this award.  I just wanted to say thanks and give her some linky love.

I have a great giveaway coming up and don't forget about Furniture Feature Friday!  Will you be featured as my favorite from last week?  Check back on Friday to see!

Miss Mustard Seed

I'm posting this to Transformation Thursday at the Shabby Chic Cottage, Frugalicious Friday at Finding Fabulous ,SNS at Donna's and Met Monday.
giveawaysBeyond The Picket Fence