More Master Bedroom Updates

First of all, it was a very good day for me.  I sold a large piece of furniture at the shop, I delivered a completed gold leafed frame to a client and I got an exciting phone call from an interior designer who loves my work and is interested in some of my furniture and some custom work.  It was also in the balmy 40's, so I was able to do some spraying.  I am bubbling over, so I just had to share. 

Anyway, if you checked in with me yesterday, you saw my latest finds.  Remember the antique mirror and small frames...?


The mirror was $12.97 from Goodwill.  I hung it over the vanity in my bedroom.  The dark frame works much better against the light walls than the round frameless mirror I had there. 

The frames have been sitting in a closet for years.  I can't believe I forgot about these!  Now, they look really pretty in the picture, but they looked really fake in person, so I decided to paint them aqua to work with my fabrics and add some color. 

I then added some dark walnut stain to antique them and bring out the detail.  I found thousands of antique postcards in my grandparent's attic, so I found one written my grandmother and one to her parents to put in each frame.  It's a perfect place for them since the vanity belonged to my grandmother, who I was named after. 



As always, one thing has led to another and I have been working on the vanity and bench today.  I can't wait to show you how they turn out.  Come to think of it, I can't wait to see how they turn out as well!

I'm posting a really cool giveaway on Monday, so make sure you visit.  Also, I'm teaching my first decorative painting post on Wednesday for the Workshop Series.  Make sure you have your paint and brushes ready!

Miss Mustard Seed

I'm posting this to Met Monday.