Playing Magazine

One thing I've really enjoyed about blogging is taking pictures of all of my stuff.  I never really had an excuse to before, so my poor kids had a flash going off in their face all the time.  Now, I just love arranging things, finding the right light, zooming in, and getting the money shot.  I feel like I'm shooting for a magazine.  It's so much fun and since I'm still sick in bed, I thought I would share some of my very favorite photos that I've taken for my blog.  Enjoy!
antique darts found in my grandparent's attic
Doesn't this gum drop look like it's on its tippy toes?
some spools of ribbon
coral found in my grandparent's attic and a monogrammed silver spoon handle
a chippy shutter that I painted "Open Seas" for a client
Bakelite knives in an ironstone bowl
a twig wreath I found at a yardsale
a Restoration Hardware silver candlestick bought for $1.00 at a yard sale all dressed up for Christmas
monogrammed linen, ironstone, and Bakelite (three of my favorite things)
and a tassel hanging from my buffet lamp
I just love how the chair and accessories went with my chalkboard desk
my great-grandmother's china with my mother's silver
a book wreath over my grandfather's highchair
my vintage red toy phone (I don't believe the White House has the number for this one.)
a $2.00 starfish from Wal-Mart nestled in some sweet gum balls
my sheet music table and a wire bird cloche from Hobby Lobby

I hope you enjoyed my gallery.  For those of you who are interested, I use a Nikon D50 camera with a Speedlight flash, and 35-70 and 70-300 lenses. 
Miss Mustard Seed

I just had to share that my half canopy was featured over at Just a Girl!   

 
 
I'm also the featured blog in the side bar over at StoneGable.  Talk about some gorgeous photography...  Thanks Yvonne!