More Christmas Sales

I can't believe I forgot to show you one of my best Christmas presents!  A few years ago the diamond fell out of my engagement ring.  We looked everywhere, but never found it.  It was only a quarter of a karat, but its worth was greater to me than any monetary value put on it.  We could not afford to replace it at the time, so I've just been wearing 2 wedding bands.  I've been looking longingly at rings since I lost my rock, but we've never found one that I liked that we could afford.  A couple of weeks ago, we found this beauty on sale.  Hello, bling!  Come to my finger. 

I also hit Target yesterday and found some great Christmas decor that was now 75% off.  I loved these glittered leaves and bought every one that was left in the store (about 15.)

I ended up paying $.74 a piece!  The maple leaf made me immediately think of my Canadian blog friends.

I had been on the hunt for a tree for my living room, but had not found one cheap enough.  I purchased this pre-lit 6 footer for $17.00!  Now, we can have our "family tree" in the family room and I can have my "fancy tree" in the living room.  I am already looking forward to next year...  Do you think May is too early to decorate for Christmas?

I wish I had more to write about today, but with traveling, family visiting, Christmas, frigid cold, snow and a play, I have not worked on much.  I have a ton of things in the hopper, though, so there will be a lot of before and afters, tutorials, tips, great finds, and projects to read about very soon!

Miss Mustard Seed

PS - Oh, by the way...the ring?  It's fake. The story is real, but, unfortunately, the ring is not.  We bought it at Kohls for $9.00.  It was still a good deal for a sterling silver ring and it's a nice substitution until we can afford the real deal. 

I'm linking this to Thrifty Thursdays over at Tales from Bloggeritaville.  This is a fun party, so check it out!