Oh, The Joy

I am over the moon this afternoon because my husband was able to install the half canopy I made for our bed.  I have wanted one of these for years and have never had the guts to put that much fabric into one project.  I'm not sure why...but at long last, here it is.  French country is my thing and the toile fabric and the style of the canopy really emphasize that without being over the top.

Don't mind the pillows.  I just wrapped some extra fabric around them for the picture, so there's still a lot of sewing ahead of me. 

The fabric makes the bed feel so cozy and gives the room a clear focal point.  I hope to find a queen bed frame that I'm in love with at some point that will look perfect nestled under this.  I have also added a high boy or wardrobe style dresser and a pair of night stands on my hunting list. 

This is the wall the bed is up against.  We decided to cover up this door that leads to my office.  It's not necessary and makes arranging furniture a challenge in both rooms.  So, why not get rid of it?  The door is still behind the curtain, so we can easily change things back if we ever want to or we sell the house.   I had originally planned on having my hubby build a headboard that would hide it, but after further thought, I was afraid it would look too bulky and overwhelming. 

I still need to do some smoothing and adjusting, but I just couldn't wait to share it with you.  If you'd like to make one of your own, check out the full tutorial here.
Miss Mustard Seed

I'm sharing this at Met Monday, DIY Day, Show & Tell at Blue Cricket Design and