Furniture Feature Friday Link Party



First of all, my apologies to those of you who were #29 or higher in my link party from last week.  For some reason, I stopped at #28 and forgot to come back.  I did get to visit each and every one, though, and some of you have had a very busy year!  Oh, the smell of paint fumes in the morning, the coat of sanding dust on your jeans, and the stain that is under your nails for a week...the joy of it all!  I can't wait to see all of the rescued and repurposed furniture in 2010. 

So, on to the features.  This week I am featuring my favorites from last week.  Here we go...

One Man's Trash is a Woman's Treasure
I absolutely fell in love with this piece by Amy from The Whisper Wood Cottage.  The shape is fantastic, the color is gorgeous, and the way she has it displayed...wow.  I actually threatened robbery, but home invasion would not look good on my record.  Amy's blog is a feast for the eyes, so you must check it out. 



Julia's Black Beauty
This dresser makeover by Julia at Finding Beauty is a great example of how you cannot go wrong when you have a beautiful piece to work on.  This dresser has great lines, but a rough finish.  A coat of black paint made it look clean and classic. 


Reaching New Heights with a Hutch
This hutch by Michelle at Sweet Something had me oooing and ahing.  She (and her handy hubby) displayed such creativity, vision, and patience with this piece.  They even added addition shelves to increase the height and gave this hutch a better scale.  You must check out the before picture.  The transformation is incredible.

And I love the way she has it displayed.  She's the kind of friend I would want to invite over to take a look at everything I have and arrange it in a way I would never think to.  You should swell with pride every time you look at this piece, Michelle. 


Now, show me what you've been up to over the holidays.  Did anyone sneak out of the family festivities to do a little upholstery work? 
The Rules:
1.) Your post has to be about furniture. You can share makeovers, thrifty finds, favorite furniture pieces, great arrangements, or pieces on your wish list.
2.) Post a permalink, not the link to your blog.
3.) The link party closes Saturday at midnight PST and I will choose my favorite and write a full feature about their blog (sorry...I will get some giveaways lined up soon!  I'm a busy girl, so give me a break.)



Miss Mustard Seed