A Rough Morning...

I had a rough morning.  My 1 1/2 year old has been sick and either he's crying or wants to be held.  This extra attention to the sick child has made my 3 year old demanding and fussy.  After being cooped up in the house for most of the week with this dynamic, I finally lost it.  My wonderful husband could hear that I was rapidly becoming the mommy monster and I needed a break.  He came home early and gave me 3 1/2 glorious hours to do whatever I wanted.  I decided to take a very long, very hot shower first.  Then, I headed out to hit a few thrift stores and pay a visit to Hobby Lobby. 

Our Hobby Lobby is pretty new, so we don't have much of a clearance section, yet.  Today, however, there was an entire aisle of clearance items.  I found this metal cloche with a bird on top for $5.09.  I basically threw it in the cart.  There was no question that this was coming home with me.

And just in case I was confused about this piece and thought it might be fun to give to my 3 year old for his next birthday, there's a tag to clear that up.  Ooooh.  Now I get it...it's not a toy.

The main reason for my 45 minute trip to Hobby Lobby was to get more fabric.  I made a decision.  I am going to make this...

...for my master bedroom.  I found this picture in the current issue of French Country and I knew it would solve several problems.  I already made a great dent in this half canopy, so I should have it done in a couple of days.  No luck at the thrift stores today.  There was a lovely drum table at Goodwill for $15, but the top was really bad and I have enough projects that need my attention.  When I got home, my birds from CSN Stores had arrived.  I just love them and now I need to find the perfect place to show them off.

Last night, I painted my vanity in the pale aqua color...and I don't like it.  Something just doesn't look right about it.  Oh well, it's just paint.  It needed to be repainted, anyway, and now it's confirmed that I like it in white. 

I also repaired some scratches in a gold leafed frame for a client.  I've done leafing before, but this project reminded me how much I like it. 

This post is a little all over the place, but that's a pretty accurate representation of my day.  I can't wait to look through all of your FFF posts...

Miss Mustard Seed