Small Updates

I have a lot of things in the hopper right now, but nothing's finished, yet.  So, I thought I would give you a "progress report" on where I am and what I've been up to.  My white duvet cover set arrived in the mail yesterday and I am so pleased with it.  It makes my bed look like a fluffy cloud that I want to sink into.  You know...the luxurious hotel bed?  That's what I wanted.  I'm still waiting for my chocolate brown quilt to arrive and I need to get my butt in gear and sew some pillows!

The texture of this duvet is so pretty.  It's a quilted diamond pattern that is subtle and sophisticated.

After much mulling and thinking and sighing and envisioning and waivering, I decided on Irish Cream over Sea Salt for the color of the walls in my master bedroom.  I am excited about injecting color through fabric, accessories and painted furniture.  The past few years my decor has been about color on the walls with neutral furnishings.  I'm ready for something different!  So, here we go...

I started cutting in with the Irish Cream this afternoon during naps.  I'm hoping to get the painting completed tomorrow night, but we'll see how that goes.  It looks like it might need two coats...drat...I'm still in denial about that possibilty.

I also am working on matting some of my black and white pictures of my kiddos.  They are currently black and white pics in a black frame with a black mat.  Too much black.  And the group together looks like a big black hole in the wall.

I purchased some mats from Wal-Mart for $2.00 a piece and used my new mat cutter to cut them to fit the frame.
 
Much better!  You can actually see the pictures, now.  I only have three of them completed and I can't wait to finish the others.

I also pulled out the carpet cleaner yesterday.  Toddlers are hard on carpets.  Very hard on carpets.  I'll admit that I use to think people who had spotted carpets were just messy or dirty or they didn't care.  As I look at my "leopard print" carpet, I realize how wrong I was. 

My in-laws bought me this carpet cleaner and I am soooo thankful.  I am very particular about cleanliness, so it is awesome to be able to make all of those spots go away.

Ahhhh....beautiful clean carpet.  Vacuum marks and all.  It's only January and I'm ready for spring, yard sales, and good painting weather.  I'm going through a little furniture painting withdrawl at the moment.  It's pretty hard to get good ventilation when it's 17 degrees outside or there's 20 inches of snow on your cellar doors.

One last very cool thing...I was featured as one of Alycia from Casa Moxie's 16 favorite bloggers!  How cool is that!  You need to check out her blog.  She is a stitch. 



I also stumbed across another feature at Simply Delightful Designs.  I only recently met Jenny and she is one talented designer.   Thanks for the kind comments, Jenny!
Miss Mustard Seed