Mod Podge Table

OK, I'm hooked on Mod Podge. I used it for the very first time on my shelf makeover and decided to try it on a table. Why not?I purchased this table at a yard sale for...I think $2.00. I bought 3 tables that all looked very similar, so I forgot which one I bought where. This is a before picture of one of the similar tables. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the one I'm featuring in this post. Darn it! I primed it (this is the other similar table, not the actual one) and painted it in a vibrant blue from Sherwin Williams called Open Seas.


Here's the actual table, all painted up and ready for the creative step. I really wasn't sure what I was going to do with this, but after the success on my Mod Podge shelf, I decided to try it on a table.



I chose two complimenting scrapbook papers, one for the top and one for the bottom shelf.



I took some advice from Shari at Poplar Porch and dampened the paper to reduce bubbling when applying the Mod Podge. (Thanks Shari. It really did help!)

I glued it on and applied 2 top coats of Mod Podge. Isn't this fun? I have not decided, yet, if I'm going to add any decorative painting.
I think this would look awesome in a graphic black & white as well. (I think I'm going to give that a try!)

This table was really dated and now it has a new life. Don't forget to join me 10 pm Thursday night through Friday at midnight for Furniture Feature Friday! I have an awesome giveaway lined up, so you don't want to miss it. Feel free to link any furniture related posts in addition to any home furnishings (such as accessories.) See you there!


Miss Mustard Seed
I am posting this to Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage.