PB Inspired Nursery Mural Revealed

Well, I finally have an explanation for why I've been feeling poorly for about a month. I have a sinus infection and bronchitis! So, I'm now on the antibiotics & codeine and should be feeling much better in a couple of days. I was in the spray booth today, anyway, and have a lot of fun things in the works. But first, I have been promising pictures of the Pottery Barn inspired mural that I completed over a week ago and I am now coming good on that promise.
I absolutely love how it turned out and it makes me wish I had a little girl, so I could do this in my own home. My client is currently pregnant with her third baby (a bit of a surprise) and she wanted to do something feminine and simple in the nursery. She knew she wanted pink & brown, but beyond that she really wasn't sure. I sent her some inspiration pictures and she chose a mural from the Pottery Barn Baby + Kids catalog.
This mural is very graphic, but sweet and classic at the same time. I love the mother bird flying to her babies perched in the nest and the whimsical style of the tree & leaves.

Once I started painting, I realized I should have made the nest slightly larger in order to fit three babies in there (one for each of her children), but it was too late to change it.

If there's a new or soon-to-be mom out there who is in love with this, it was a very simple mural. Especially for someone who's comfortable with a brush. The tree is very basic and the leaves are just a tear drop shape. If you lack confidence that your bird will...well, look like a bird, you could use a stencil or an image and transfer paper. Give it a try! This is a high-impact mural that is in a very forgiving style.
On the wall above where the crib will be, I added her name flanked by two more birds.
My client chose this font out of MS Word and I freehanded it on the wall. I just marked a level and plum line with a pencil to make sure everything was straight and centered. (Let's hope Abigail doesn't turn out to be a boy! That does happen on a rare occasion. )

I'm sorry these pictures don't include the full view of the room and how the mural looks with everything in place, but currently the room is full of gift bags, diapers, little dresses with the tags on, fuzzy blankets, a changing table, a rocking chair, and... ...a diaper cake. Such a cute gift.

I noticed this little stuffed animal and I thought a pink camel was a weird gift for a baby girl. My client pointed it out and said it was from Abigail's dad, who is currently serving in Afghanistan. He bought it for her over there. Such a special gift that I am sure will be treasured.

I promise I'll take pictures when the room is finished. I just couldn't wait any longer to share the mural.

*Make sure you enter my Frog Tape Giveaway that is open through November 30!
Miss Mustard Seed
I posted this to Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors , Show Some Creativity Saturday at Encouragement is Contagious , DIY Day at A Soft Place to Land and It's So Very Creative at It's So Very Cheri.href="http://itssoverycheri.blogspot.com/">