My Favorites & A Winner

You all know the drill...it's so hard to pick my favorites and a winner! Even with a smaller group this week, it was hard. There are so many wonderful projects.

My first favorite is the Buffet Turned Vanity by Roeshel from the DIY Show Off. I am really in love this. Not only is the buffet gorgeous, but I love the ribbon ties, the bead board, the mirror! You have to check it out to see the before and everything that has gone into this lovely makeover. I really hope to find the right piece, so I can do this one day. $.99 Vase Turned Cloche by Chelsea from Room to Inspire. OK, is a cloche a piece of furniture? In my opinion, it falls under the "home furnishings" category, so I hope everyone feels free to share great home decor projects like this one. Chelsea made this cloche and stand out of a vase, a wooden piece, a drawer pull, and a candle stick. The thing I love most about this is it doesn't look like that. I am not a fan of something looking like you pulled out your glue gun and pipe cleaners and made a little craft. This looks fresh out of an expensive store with a $100+ price tag on it. Well done, Chelsea.

Mudroom Bench by PK from Room Remix. This is such a clever idea. I not only love the chairs she used for this and the bright white paint, but putting them together...inspirational! What a great way to use chairs that have broken or missing seats. It's so much cheaper to recycle something than to make it from scratch. Thrifty and chic at the same time.

Pin Stripe Glaze Kitchen Cabinets by Danielle at Transforming Home. I spotted this post last week and I am so glad that Danielle shared this idea with all of my readers. Painting your kitchen cabinets is a great way to update them, but it can be a huge project, expensive and tedious. She came up with a cost effective and time saving solution to update those builder-grade kitchen cabinets. By adding a dark brown glaze in the grooves, she changed the look of her cabinets for almost nothing. Her hands got pretty nasty in the process (latex gloves, Danielle), but the cabinets look stunning.

And the winner of the custom silhouette by Petit Debutant is...
Gun Cabinet Turned Hall Tree by Heather from Procrastinator Fascinator! OK...she turned a GUN CABINET into a HALL TREE. Does this amaze anyone else? I take any free furniture people throw at me, but if offered a gun cabinet, I would've called my dad to see if he wanted it. You know...for guns. Heather saw the great shape of this piece and saw a hall tree. I love how the black distressed paint, burlap fabric, tassel, and hook all transform this piece. No one would ever guess. Great job, Heather!


I hope to see you all again for next week's Furniture Feature Friday. Grab a button from the side bar and spread the word. I have a fantastic giveaway lined up. Hint - you will want to have this while baking for the holidays!

Miss Mustard Seed