An Organized Office & Back to Work

*big sigh* My office is finally organized. It's not done (will it ever be?), but it's organized.
For the weeks prior to our shop move, my office (and dining room) became a dumping ground, holding area, and a waiting place. It was a space you tip-toe into, grab what you need, leave and close the door.

See my neglected shelf under the work table? And how am I going to get work done on a surface that is piled foot high in ironstone, lamp shades, and paper work?

And the floor was covered in bags, finished projects, and things that were in-the works.

Now, my desk is clean and organized. Papers are filed, supplies are at hand, and inspiration is tacked on my revamped cork board. Does anyone else sketch designs on scrap pieces of paper? I saw this design on some bedding in Target and I am using it as my inspiration for my bathroom walls. I can't wait to tackle that project!

My Craig's List Wardrobe needs to be painted, but that will come later. My husband installed shelves and I put it right to work.

It is perfect storage for my fabric, trims, sewing notions and Cricut supplies.

I bought some storage containers to keep things organized and compact. I like to stack things when I'm short on space.
My Cricut, cartridges and accessories fit perfectly in the bottom of the wardrobe with my trims and antique textiles.
My all-in-one scanner, printer, copier is sitting on a wobbly music box table right now while I'm painting a piece or furniture for this spot.

The closet isn't pretty, but with the fabric cleared out, there is plenty of space for upcoming projects, labels, pallets, my tool box, projector, and other tools of the trade.

My hemp twine and ribbon are stored in a pantry organizer from our old apartment and it hangs on the inside of the closet door.
I always have a variety of ribbon on hand to use in projects as well as for tying tags on my furniture & accessories.

I like having a comfy chair in my office. I don't ever get to kick my feet up and leisurely look through decorating books, but I like the idea that I have a place to do that...some day. When my boys are in college. (They're both toddlers right now.) I need to make a new cover for the pillow...

My Craig's List hutch houses my paints (out of reach of little hands) along with my office supplies.

To the right of the hutch is a thrift store shelf where I can keep most of my decorating library handy. I love the detail on this piece and paid a whopping $50 for it. That's a lot for me, but I really loved this shelf and needed the book storage. It was also in perfect condition. Unfortunately or fortunately, I have more books than the shelf can hold, so the rest are stacked around. I am a big fan of using the public library, but when it comes to decorating books, I want to own them. I look through them all the time, so borrowing them just won't cut it for me. To the left of the hutch is my ornate chalkboard and a little caned chair that I just can't part with. This is definitely a decorative chair. I even cringe when my 1 1/2 year old sits on it! But it looks great in pictures and makes a perfect "landing spot."
After taking a "burn out break" I am back in my workshop. I've finally sanded and prepped the wooden tray for Lou Lynn...
...and the bread box for Lilia of Two Brown Eyes Beauties. (I'm not THAT far behind, I've been waiting to hear what quote she would like painted on it. She's a busy girl, too!) I know she wants it white, so I'm painting it with the next group in the spray booth. Then it's ready for her when she knows what quote she wants painted on it.

Do you want to know what I'm going to do with this? You'll have to come back to see... I know, I'm so mean.
I also just received an exciting package. I found a place where I can buy Vintage German Glitter at wholesale prices (I still spent $50...yikes) and I am so excited to use it in a project. Hopefully I'll be able to work on it tomorrow! Until then...

Miss Mustard Seed