Thanksgiving & Sneak Peaks

I am currently in Raleigh, North Carolina with family for the holidays. Although I am a homebody, it is always relaxing for me to get away. My home is my work, plus I work out of my home, so I really have to get away to "get away." I must admit, though, it was hard to leave all of my projects and not be home for the day after Thanksgiving to put up the decorations and tree, but I really did need the rest.

Today I got a long hot shower, made my great-grandmother Rosa's Congealed Fruit Salad, played with my boys, and took a leisurely trip with my hubby to B&N Books. This is quite a change of pace from diapers, breakfast, get ready, get to school, grocery store, paint, pick up son, fix lunch, bottles, naps, more diapers, squeeze in a little more painting, bills, clean, laundry, pick up toys...oh, you get the idea. And I fit blogging in there somewhere. My mom keeps telling me I need to do a post on how I manage my time. Maybe I will...
I also gathered "spikey balls" to dry out and use to fill hurricanes and surround candles. Aren't these cool? So, tomorrow we have the traditional Thanksgiving day, but it's very low key.

I'm sure most of you are taking a rest from the blog world, but I wanted to show a peak of some things that are waiting for me when I get home. Does anyone remember these brass butterflies. They are now a creamy white and waiting for the next step. Better already, don't you think?


They are sitting on Lou Lou's tray that is also ready for the next step. I love the blue/gray color she chose. It's a Sherwin Williams color called Languid Blue. Great color. This will be in the mail to you, soon!


I've sprayed this ornate thrift store frame and some peg board to use in my office. I can't wait to finish this project.
And I painted the drawers and hardware for my Craig's List dresser. It's almost done and I should be moving my clothes into it in a couple of weeks.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and remember - no Furniture Feature Friday this week, but we can all come back together next Friday.
Miss Mustard Seed