Make A Wish

I mentioned in my last post that I bought $50.00 worth of vintage German glass glitter. I received it in the mail yesterday and was so excited to try it out. These pictures really do not do this glitter justice...Comparing it to the banner I did a few weeks ago with spray glitter...well, it really doesn't even compare. The spray glitter is only shiny and flat. The vintage German glass glitter sparkles and adds dimension to these letter. I am going to glitter everything!

The downside to this glitter is it's expensive and it's real glass. This means it looks gorgeous, but you have to be very careful when working with it and it's not for kid's crafts.
I had some Cricut difficulties (and they're sending me a new housing for my deep cut blade), so I couldn't cut through the chipboard I purchased to give the letters stability. It was too thick and my blade wasn't cutting deep enough. I needed thinner chipboard. The problem is, I live in a town with 2 street lights and about 30-45 minutes away from a craft store and I NEEDED to do this project right away! So, I read that cereal boxes are a good substitute...bring out the cereal boxes! (They actually look pretty cool and graphic in this picture. They'd be fun for a birthday banner or something...)

I spray painted them white, applied Elmer's Glue with a sponge brush, and then spooned the glitter on the letters over a metal baking pan. I gave them about an hour to dry before I threaded the ribbon on.

I am in love. If you're smitten as well, you can purchase this from Meyer Imports.

This was a test run, but I will soon post a full tutorial along with some suggestions on how to make these if you do not own a Cricut. My mind is also whirling with all of the things I am going to do with this glitter!
I have been putting some time in on my Craig's List dresser, I custom painted a mailbox for a client and used Mod Podge on a side table for the shop, so I have a lot of things to share... Stay tuned.
Miss Mustard Seed
PS - To answer some questions about the glitter - I used Silver in the picture, but I also purchased pale blue. I bought 1 lb of each at the wholesale price (because I own my own business and will sell the things I make with it), but you can purchase the glitter in 1 oz portions for only a few dollars. A small amount can go a long way, so I would encourage you to give it a try.
BCD Show and tell