Slipcovered Ottoman

I love ottomans. They are so versatile. They can be a foot stool, coffee table, side table, and you can slide them under another table to pull out when you need some extra seating. They are the ultimate multi-taskers when it comes to furniture and they are easy to slipcover. I purchased this one at a yard sale for $4.00. The upholstery was a little tired, but it was in otherwise good condition.


I sewed up a slipcover using sanded white cotton twill from Wal-Mart. This took about 2 1/2 yards of fabric, plus piping and thread.



I chose to go with a pleated skirt to make the piece look a bit more feminine.


I absolutely love how it turned out. I know some of you may be hesitant to use white slipcovers in your home, but I have two toddler boys, two cats, and a husband and all of my slipcovers have weathered very well. I do have to wash them frequently, but the nice thing about white is that it can be bleached. And, when they get really bad, I can just make a new one! If you want to tackle a slipcover, an ottoman is a great place to start.

Miss Mustard Seed

I'm posting this to Sanctuary Arts' Before & After Party. Check it out!