A Pink Tree & a Pink Bench

Hello, all! I have been so busy with getting our shop ready to open on Saturday that my poor blog has been a little neglected! I am looking forward to looking through all of the FFF links tomorrow and picking out my favorites. I also want to give a huge shout-out and thank you to Roeshel at the DIY Show Off for a flattering feature about my blog and furniture makeovers. I'm sure all of you have visited her blog, but if you have been under a rock in blogland, you must check it out! Thank you, Roeshel!

Our shop opens today (Saturday) and we have been working like dogs to get it ready. The store is really looking good, though. We have it all decorated for Christmas, including these awesome pink flocked trees. I have tons of pictures to share over the next few days as my life gets back to normal.
I don't want to leave my readers without a before & after, though. This is a bench I scrounged for free out of my grandparent's house. We needed something to put in our dressing room at the shop and I thought this would do nicely. I used spray primer and 3 coats of Krylon Satin spray paint in Ballet Slipper pink.
I then reupholstered the top in a remnant from a vintage chenille bedspread. It is perfect for our pink, brown, and white room in the shop. (Sorry for the bad lighting. Sadly, there are not any windows in the back room.)

I can't wait to share all of the details with you! We are having our grand re-opening next Saturday & Sunday, if you're in the area. There will be door prizes, refreshments, a raffle, and a silent auction. Come if you can! I'll be posting my promised slipcover tutorial and some other before & afters next week, so keep checking back!
**The Frog Tape giveaway is still open through Monday, so make sure you leave your comment. It's 2 posts below this one. Good luck!

Miss Mustard Seed