I Missed My Birthday!

I just realized tonight that I totally missed the 1 year birthday of my business, Mustard Seed Creations! On November 12, 2008, I registered my business with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States of America. This is a huge thing and I can't believe I let it pass without a special dinner or at least a cake. This year, I sold my first piece of furniture, had my first client, painted my first mural (for someone else), was a vendor at my first antique fair, and started my first blog. In addition, I found a great partner in business, Denise, who owns the shop that sells my stuff. It was a big year for my business. If you'd like to read more about the start of MSC, you can check out my post on how it all began. In order to celebrate this milestone, I'll share pictures of some of my favorites creations from my first year. Click here to see my full portfolio.

















In addition to all of my firsts this year, I have learned A LOT! I have learned new techniques, ways to expedite my process, what to buy (& not buy), and what style direction I really want to go. It was a very exciting first year and I know the best still lies ahead.

I want to say thanks to my mom, who is my biggest investor and pushed me into starting a business in the first place and my husband, who has encouraged me and helped me move more furniture than a guy should be asked to move. I'd also like to thank Denise, for giving me a chance (even though I showed up at her shop with hand painted ornaments in jeans with a mom, a toddler and a baby waiting for me in the car) and Laura Dreyer, who created an entire look for my business materials, including this blog. I am truly blessed.
Miss Mustard Seed
** Make sure to enter my Frog Tape Giveaway before it ends on November 30!