A Scale, Spoons, & Halloween's Over

 After much work, two truckloads of trash, and a van load of stuff for the thrift store, the basement workshop is clean. We still have some organizing to do and a few projects to finish, but it will be so nice to have a clean and organized place to work.  I would've taken before pictures, but it was terrible.  Embarrassing, really.

So, instead of showing pictures of my basement, I'll share a few other things.  First of all, I bought this really cool postal scale a few weeks ago off of one of my fellow Wild Rose vendors.  I have a soft spot for scales and I really loved the petite size of this one. 




We had a little photo shoot together. Couldn't help myself. 


 Next, I have to share another act of kindness from one of my readers.  I am constantly overwhelmed at how generous people have been with me (and other bloggers for that matter.)  You may remember the boxes of sheet music people sent me when I put out a call for help.  I still have three boxes of it!  Well, Anne (aka Nutbird) read about my frustration at the Raleigh Flea Market with the "spoon lady" and she sent me a flat rate box stuffed with beautiful silver plate flatware.  It blew the doors off anything the spoon lady had and tried to overcharge me for.  Anne sent it all to me for free. 

The detail on some of the handles is amazing.  I haven't counted the pieces, but she probably sent me almost a hundred. 


I especially love the ones with monograms on them!


Another example of the kindness of bloggers is that one of my readers saw my post about my failure to provide Elise with a proper virtual makeover.  Well, it just so happens that's her speciality and she's offered a virtual makeover to Elise for free.  Isn't that awesome?  I was speechless.  I'll post all about her and her makeover ideas when she's ready. I have the greatest readers.  Really. 

And lastly, Halloween is finally over in the Mustard Seed household.  I finished my last HGTV.com Halloween project yesterday.  Whew.  Now, it's on to Christmas projects.  I think I'll be finished with them by the time Valentine's day comes around. 


My poor kids are going to be so confused, but it's worth it.  I'm having a grand time. 

Miss Mustard Seed