Mirrored Side Tables

I have been working on my master bedroom for decades.  OK, about ten months, but it feels like decades.  I still have a naked curtain rod hanging, sparse wall space, a dresser that needs to be painted and all sort of things, but I'm getting there!  I was hung up on our side tables for a while.  I wanted pieces that provided good storage and were similar in size, if not matching.  It took a few months, but I finally came across a pair of 1980's chest of drawers and knew I could make them work. 


This is the before.  Yikes, I know, but they were really sturdy.  I wasn't crazy about the lines, but I immediately pictured them with a coat of white paint and mirrored drawer fronts and top. 


I love how they turned out!!  Very glam and not 1980's at all.  I'll write a follow-up post with the details, so stick around.  If you're interested in making my bed canopy, you can find a full tutorial here


I also followed through on my idea for making a large "2" and "5" to add to my Christmas decor.  I made them out of purchased papier mache numbers, glue and German glass glitter.  I used the same method I teach in my Glitter Letter Tutorial



I like holiday decor that's simple, subtle and elegant.  Just to add to the ambience, we've had snow flurries on and off for two days. I love this time of year. 


Miss Mustard Seed