Trumeau Mirror Transformation

Wood lovers...look away. 


I found this trumeau mirror at a yard sale in September and immediately fell in love with the shape.  I wasn't too in love with the 1980's speckled finish, though.  It looked fine from a distance, but it looked dated when you leaned it.  It was also a little heavy visually for the room.  I asked some opinions about painting it and received many pleas asking me not to. 


Well, I gave it a lot of thought and then I saw this picture...


(Thank you, Judy, for letting me know this picture is of the beautiful home of Desarae Crafts of Peeking thru the Sunflowers.)  I love the colors of this mirror and knew I wanted to paint mine, so I did...


...and I love it!.


The finished turned out perfect and the color compliments the other blues in the room, but it's not too matchy-matchy. 


I was painting and reupholstering my pair of French chairs today and I am giddy with how they look so far.  I can't wait to share...

Miss Mustard Seed

I'm sharing this at SNS over at Donna's.