New Dining Table

My friend Donna sent me an e-mail today commenting on the fact that I am busy working on my house and have totally neglected to decorate for Christmas.  Yes, that's true.  We do have our tree up, which half the lights are out and there are hardly any ornaments below three feet (my boys keep pulling them off), and I did manage to arrange a couple of mantles, but other than that...nothing.  The truth is, I'm about to work on a ton of Christmas projects for HGTV and I'm holding out on buying a fresh tree and greenery as long as I can.  You also have to remember that I started making my Christmas line in September and I got a little burnt out, so I took a break and worked on Halloween stuff in November and now I'm ready for Christmas in January.  Craziness!

I'm also about ready to start a mad dash.  I've got Blissdom (yay!), the Ground Hog's Day Sale at Lucketts, a Chartreuse barn sale each month, my booth to tend to at Wild Rose, articles for Cottages and Bungalows, a wedding I'm designing for and the Lucketts Antique Market, both in May and, on top of all of that, I'm starting another business venture that you'll be hearing about soon.  I am nuts AND busy, so I'm taking the time to finish two rooms while I have a slight calm before the storm. 

So, at long last, here is my new dining room table.  I finished it the same way I did my last one, which I sold, but I like this one even more. 


(Hmm...I'm still thinking about painting those corner cabinets, though.  They're just so close in color to the floor...)


Here's the before. 


I wasn't sure if I would liked the shape of these chairs when I first bought the set, but I really love them now they're white and skirted.


The detail on the legs is so pretty and a slight distressing brought out the detail. 


The table top is my favorite.  The inlay is so gorgeous and was covered in that horrible orange and black speckled finish.  It's now natural and classic. 



You will be able to read a full tutorial on how to make these chair skirts, but not on this blog.  You'll just have to wait and see where it will pop up... 



Today, my sewing machine was on fire.  I finished upholstering the two French chairs, made two pillows and the last two curtain panels in my living room.  I will definitely be sharing it all with you, but here's a sneak peek of the chairs...


I was so happy making them, knowing they were for me.  I didn't have to work on not getting attached to them.  I finished after the sun was long down, so I'll get some pictures tomorrow. 


Miss Mustard Seed