Apiary & Fresh Butter

In the frenzy of getting things ready to take to my retail spaces, I turned my attention to two neglected pieces of wood in the corner of my office.  They belonged to a drop leaf table that had seen better days. 



For the first one, I pulled some inspiration from The Graphics Fairy, where I found this beautiful bee graphic.


I've been thinking about making an Apiary sign for a while, so I enjoyed finally putting brush to board on this one.


This one is going to the Old Lucketts Store to sell.  The second sign was inspired by what I've been eating far too much of lately...


...and now I have to start Weight Watchers online and working with my "personal trainer" on the Kinect. 


You'd think I'd lose weight with all of the work I do, but when you replace running on the treadmill with blogging...well...enough said.  Anyway, I love how this paint finish turned out. 

If you'd like some tips on making your own "antique" sign, click HERE

A lot of people have asked me to share the colors and paint technique used on my French chairs and trumeau mirror and I will share all of that in a few days. 


Miss Mustard Seed