The Living Room - Before, During & Now

If you've been following along over the past couple of weeks, you've seen what my living room looks like currently.  Let's now take a look at the progression, shall we?


Oh my.  This was a photo taken when we first looked at the house.  This room was a mess.  The carpet covering the hard wood floors was stained and stinky.  The walls hadn't been painted in years...maybe since the house was built in the 1940's.  The dark pine trim and dusty curtains only added to the gloominess. 


We ripped out the carpet, refinished the floors, painted the walls a peacock blue, painted the trim white and threw a bunch of furniture in there.  The desk, curio and piano are still in the room, but I have sold the rest of the pieces.  I made valances out of clearance fabric, which totaled $10 for the whole room, but I knew I eventually wanted full length drapes. 


This is what the living room looked like a few weeks ago.  I finally got my full length drapes, I painted the walls ivory and the trim a bright white.  I also started collecting new furniture for the room.  It was on the right track, but it was feeling too cluttered and heavy. 


I painted the mirror and reupholstered the chairs, made the last curtain panels and slimmed down the accessories. 


I really love this room.

And it's even better with a beautiful, live Christmas tree in it. 


More to come...

Miss Mustard Seed

I'm linking this to Sarah's Before and After party!

Oh!  By the way, the winners of the Snickety Snacks Giveaway are...

15. Melissa said... My little monkey would totally love being able to color on her cookies! Oh, and the cake bites look so yummy, I remember you talking about them at the junk swap. Yum!


Definitely sign me up! Thanks Brittanie for doing this giveaway!

24. Cheryl @ Bingle Bears said... YUMMMM! I checked out her website and, OH MY, it looks like heaven! I hope I'm very lucky!

50. Vicki said... Brittanie... Wow, beautiful treats! I am also a baker but haven't perfected my decorating like you. Good job. Wish I had more time to do this. Hope I win, would love to taste them. I bet they are delicious!!

65. Ali Richardson said... YUM YUM YUM! My fingers and toes are crossed :)

71. Kelli@Restore Interiors said... Okay, I am totally impressed. I just posted about making Christmas cookies and mine are SAD compared to these beauties! Mine ALWAYS taste great but look terrible:) I would TOTALLY pay for these as well. She is very talented! A pastry artist for sure! Yummy!!

kellihwright@gmail.com

106. Tonya said... My daughter just saw the basketball cake bites and just about died!!! Those cookies and other goodies are making me hungry!

134. Tales From My Empty Nest said... I love sugar cookies and am always amazed when folks make such gorgeous cookies. They are so much harder to make than they look. Thanks for hosting a wonderful giveaway! Thanks for introducing us to Snickety Snacks! She does a beautiful job. QuiltMom180@aol.com Love & blessings from NC!

131. Debb said... Even with all the Christmas Cookies out there... these look so good and yummy... thanks. If I were to be so lucky to win this awesome prize... my son and daughter-in-law live in Baltimore, MD and this would be such a treat for them... thanks so much...

There were only supposed to be two winners, but Brittanie was so encouraged by all of your comments, that she picked a few more!  She will get in touch with you about your prize.