Raleigh Flea Market

This morning we bundled the kids in coats and hats and set out for the Raleigh Flea Market.  I came home with a lot of great things, but I did do my fair share of complaining.  "Why don't people put prices on their stuff?!"  "Are people seriously trying to sell THAT for $50?"  "That is waaaay over priced." 

I must confess, I even got a little snippy with one lady over some silver plated spoons.  Yes, I did.  She told me they started at fifty cents, but none of them were priced, so I carried all of the spoons up to her to find out which ones were fifty cents each.  Well, as it turns out, none of them were.  They were all at least $1.00 and I was irritated and fed up with that booth, so I moved on.  Don't mess with me when I'm hunting for bargains!  Despite my griping, I did have a great time. 


I fell in love with this Red Cross poster, but at $95, it was a little steep for me. 


I ended up buying a great rusty metal stool, two pairs of antlers, two windows...  (pictured below.)


...two antique German grain sacks (from the 1920's), a wooden cheese box, a folding ruler, some large wooden numbers, a carpenter's compass and more. 


I did not, however, buy any tube socks.

Miss Mustard Seed

PS - If the spoon lady is reading this...I apologize for my snippiness.