HGTV.com Projects & Yesterday

As most of you know, I have the privilege of writing tutorials for HGTV.com.  I still have to pinch myself when I think about it and I'm still trying to convince myself that I am a real designer, business owner and writer.  Craziness.  I don't say that with any kind of false humility.  The sequence of events over the past few months has been insane.  I wake up every day excited about what might happen. 

Anyway, I'm in Raleigh, NC for the week visiting family and I won't have any new tutorials or projects to share while I'm here, so I thought I would give you a preview of some HGTV.com projects.   


This bathroom shelf was easy to build and provides amazing storage in a tight space.  Most of the wood can be cut at your local home improvement store, so don't shy away from building if you're not a pro with power tools.


Another bathroom project that will be posted soon is how to make a sink skirt.  This is a great project for old homes with their pedestal/wall mounted sinks.  I have them in two of my bathrooms and they brought so much softness and "prettiness" to the space.   


I'm currently writing nine tutorials for Halloween projects that will post next season.  I made some fun place card holders out of twins and raffia and a hand painted banner out of canvas and twine.   In the banner tutorial, I share a great trick for painting the letters without stencils or transfer paper. 


I'm sorry you have to wait almost a year for those projects, but it'll be worth the wait and I promise I won't tease you with them any more! 

Yesterday, we stopped at my aunt and uncle's house for lunch and I couldn't help but snap some photos.  She goes for the same French provincial style that I do.  I am in love with her dining room. 


Aren't those caned chairs to die for?  I also love the farm table.  I told my hubby he needs to build me one just like it. 


The blue and white chandelier is just the icing on the cake. 


While we were there, my boys ran through the leaves to get some energy out before making the last leg of the trip. 


Today...the zoo.  Tomorrow...shopping, cooking and more family entering the mix. 


Miss Mustard Seed