The thrill of the hunt

Those of you who get it, get it.  There is an addiction to the thrill of thrifting.  The joy of junking!  The awesomeness of auctions! It is a drug and it's my drug of choice.  Hook me up to an IV and open the line.  I love hunting for treasures.  I set out for a morning of hitting yard sales and I don't know what will be in my van when I come home (much to the dismay of my husband.)  Maybe nothing.  Maybe something I've been longing after for ten years...and it was only five bucks.  You just never know. 


I have admired these industrial shoe carts for a long time, now.  Gail has one in her space at Wild Rose and I've admired that one as well.  I've never found them at a reasonable price, so when I spotted one on the porch of a local antique shop, I was expecting to sigh at the scribbled figure and walk away.  I turned over the tag...what?!  Really?!  My heart started to pound.  I could buy this.  I realized I wasn't even in the door, yet, so I needed to think about it.  As I gathered other good deals in my arms, the industrial cart kept nagging me.  I then became paranoid that everyone else in south central PA would know there was an awesome piece for an awesome price sitting on the porch and I would need to run and tear off the tag to get it.  I would perhaps even need to take out some senior citizens or small children to claim it, but I was prepared for some casualties. 

OK, I'm exaggerating.  I cooly walked to the porch, pulled the tag and gave it to the cashier to add to my pile of goodies.  "I think I'll buy this, too."  I nearly passed out when she told me I got an additional 10% off of it.  No, not really, but it was the cherry on the sundae. 


It has the coolest wheels, wire stabilizer and writing on the sides. 


Here's the funny thing. I've been hunting for one of these and, now that I found one, I'm just going to sell it.  Seriously.  All of that excitement, just to sell it.  Well, that's the nature of the biz. 

So, do you get it?  Or am I alone, here?

Miss Mustard Seed

By the way, someone asked about my lack of fanfare over passing 3000 followers this weekend.  I've been so busy with custom Christmas orders that I have not given it much thought, even though my mom kept telling me I needed to do something.  So, what do you think?  Another "Miss Mustard Seed in a Box?"  Or perhaps a sampling of my Christmas line?