Furniture Feature Friday - Favorites and Link Party


I woke up this morning (snuggled under my duvet, lingering as long as I could), planning to work on more custom ornament orders and getting a lot of things checked off my to do list.  Plans changed.  My hot glue gun has been cold all day and not one piece of sheet music has been cut or rolled.  I have needed a new phone for months, now, maybe over a year and today we set out to buy one.  Well, that turned into the decision to switch carriers and a wild goose chase to track down the phones we wanted.  All of this ended with me getting a new iPhone and spending all of my evening playing with the new gadget.  I'm setting myself up to Tweet, post, e-mail and all of that good stuff on it, but I am pretty overwhelmed at the technology.  I'm computer savvy, but this is an entirely different animal.  So, any tips?  Any fabulous apps I must try? 

Now, on to the party.  I decided this week to pick two favorites.  They are favorites for a pretty obvious reason. These pieces are almost dead ringers for projects I did myself!  Great minds think alike, don't they? 
Of course, I love these chairs painted and slipped by Jenni from House of White.  Not only are the chairs lovely, but her photography is, too.  To compare: here are her chairs...

...and here are mine.  Well, they were mine until I sold them, but I'm working on my new ones right now. 


My second favorite is by Cori of Starview Sonnet.  She transformed this dresser with sheet music and white paint.  I love how it turned out and I'm sure it will sell quickly.  To compare again: here's her dresser...


...and here's mine.  Twins, right? 


So, whether an idea was inspired by my blog or a makeover was completed by a kindred DIY spirit, I enjoy seeing the same idea executed by another pair of hands. 

Now, I'm off to work on my ornaments.  (And maybe play with my new gadget a little more.)

Here are the rules for this get together...
1.) Your post has to be about furniture.  Please, please, please...just furniture.  If you find your link has been deleted, it's not because I'm mean, it's because your post was not about furniture.  You can share makeovers, awesome finds, favorite pieces, furniture arrangements, or even pieces on your wish list!  Built-in furniture like kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities qualify as furniture.  
2.) Post a permalink (the link to the post), not the link to your blog.
3.) The link party closes Friday at midnight PST and I will choose my favorite(s) and feature their project on next week's FFF.



Miss Mustard Seed

Once you link up, click HERE to vote for my SOS True Value entry.  Friday is the final day of voting, so please make one last effort to spread the word!