Home Again

Oh, it's so good to be home.  I walked in and looked at my living room and dining room (in progress) and was so excited to be home again. The trip was amazing and I always cry when I leave family, but I'm a homebody and this is where my work and hobbies are.  We were welcomed into a house that was 50 degrees, though!!  We're still warming up. 

Since I spent most of the day in the car, I don't have a lot to share, so I thought I would show off a few of my flea market finds.  Aren't these German grain sacks amazing?  I almost didn't buy them, but I've never seen them at a price that was so low, so I couldn't pass them by. 


I bought this cheese box from a British fellow who made sure I realized the bottom was "a bit dodgy", but I told him that was fine.  I really just wanted to hear him say "a bit dodgy" again.  (Do British people find our accents fun to listen to?)


I also scored some free river birch bark off my in-law's trees.  I received a quizzical look when I asked if it was OK if I pealed some bark off their trees, but my mother-in-law, being the cool lady that she is, just fetched me a bag to put it all in.  I have a great project in mind for this stuff. 


I'm going to decorate my house for Christmas this week.  I haven't had a live Christmas tree or greenery since I was in elementary school, but I'm going to get one this year.  They just look great in photographs, so I'm excited about that.  Any tips to keeping them alive and healthy? 

Decorating for Christmas will also involve changing up my mantle, which has looked the same since January.  Seriously.  My mantle looks exactly the same right now as it did in January.  I'm thinking about using a part of a red barn door I have as a backdrop. It'll be so fun to play.

Sigh.  Did I mention it's good to be home?


Miss Mustard Seed

Speaking of home, check out this blog written by a couple who unknowingly bought a "meth house" in Philadelphia.  I've bought some Craig's List furniture from pretty sketchy places, but this is an entirely different ball of wax!