Black Friday Antique Shopping

I am staying with my in-laws in Raleigh, NC and I can hardly resist the opportunity to hit some antique stores while in a new area, so I didn't.  I dragged my mother-in-law and mom across Raleigh to hit some spots I was told about.  I didn't come home with any super crazy amazing exciting pieces, but I had a great time and did find some good pieces for myself and to sell.  We started out the morning at Suzanna's Antiques, which is in a little collection of antique store cottages.  Brittany from Pretty Handy Girl was there to meet us and act as a tour guide. 


We also hit the Thieves Market Mall, Gresham's Antique Mall, Pier One, and Panera bread for lunch. 



There were cool pieces everywhere we stopped. 


I loved this dresser, but it just needed more work that I wanted to take on at this point and I didn't want to have to lug it home. 


The patina on this croquet set was amazing, but too expensive.


...and I absolutely loved this glass cheese box.  I almost bought it, but one of the panes was cracked and it was pretty expensive.  I really wanted to get it, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. 


The best part about going to antique stores on Black Friday?


No lines!


I am the bum in the bandanna who forgot to put on mascara this morning and Brittany is the cute one.  It was just like meeting an old friend.  We hunted, chatted and she even found some things she thought I would like...and I did...and I bought them.  Great shopping buddy!

Here are some things I bought...


...part of a doll buggy.  This was a strange purchase, but it just spoke to me.  I think it would look so cool in a table scape or on a mantle.  It's going to be fun to explore the possibles.


The tobacco basket was one of my favorite finds.  I've always wanted one, but they are always too expensive or in really poor condition.  This one was in good condition and was cheap!  Sold to the woman in the bandanna with no mascara!


I also bought this cast iron urn with the birds on it, some ironstone, an antique fan, two scales and more.

Thanks so much to Brittany for leading us around and to Trinity for revealing some of her favorite thrifting haunts to me.  That is very valuable information to a thrifter!

Tomorrow, we're going to the Raleigh Flea Market at the fair grounds. 


Miss Mustard Seed