Halloween, Jewelry, Christmas and Cottages & Bungalows

What do all of these things have in common?  Well, they are all things that have been a part of my life over the past few days. 

I've been working on Halloween projects for HGTV.com for next year.  I'm trying to get it all done before I leave to visit family on Monday.  I want to be able to come home and enjoy Christmas decor only!  I usually don't decorate for Halloween, but I've had a blast working on these projects.  Here's a look at the table scape I put together to shoot some place card holders I made.  Can you guess what this wooden centerpiece is?


It's a fresh fruit topiary form.  I bought this piece for $.50 at a yard sale and it was perfect for a slightly spooky table setting.  I bought the glitter birds on clearance, so they were about $1.00/each. 


Some branches, tarnished silver, candles, pressed leaves and pine cones keep this table from looking too "theme-ish." I like sophisticated holiday decor.  I wish I could show you all of the projects I've done, but you'll have to wait until they are published next year.  Mean, I know!

Yesterday, I was very excited to receive this pretty box in the mail...


...and the contents?  Sweet.  Lisa Leonard makes amazing jewelry and I now own one of her pieces.  I am not one of these girls who go nuts over jewelry, but I love the simplicity and beauty of her work. 


Tomorrow I am going to Wild Rose Marketplace and Co for their holiday open house. If you live in this area, you should stop in for yummy snacks and beautiful gift and decorating ideas.  Check out the retailer information on my sidebar for directions. 


Lastly, but certainly not least, I am so excited to announce that I will be writing DIY tutorials for Cottages and Bungalows magazine.  AHHHHH!  I must say that I am having trouble sleeping at night because I am so wound up about all of the things I have going on.  I could just burst! 

Thanks so much to all of you for your encouragement about my book and for cheering me along in this amazing journey.  Some of you have been faithful followers since I was just a wee little blog and I truly appreciate it. 


Miss Mustard Seed