Bloggers Beware

Everyone who writes a blog has been there.  The point of decision.  Clicking the "Create a Blog" button, working through the template options and creating a header, buttons, adding gadgets, widgets, counters and rankings.  Some do it to keep in touch with their family, record their lives, record a journey, struggle or loss.  Others do it to promote a business, share a talent, inspire, encourage, maybe make some money along the way.  I'm not sure how many of us who clicked that button knew what we were in for. 

I have found this blog has developed a life of its own.  It's like my third child.  I have to nurture it, spend time on it, plan for it, sometimes plan around it, and I can't neglect it.  There are days, like this one, when I am busy and it's rainy and the light stinks and my tripod is broken and I have no idea what I'm going to write about and no pretty pictures to share.  I have an entire list of post ideas on my iPhone, but I don't feel prepared or inspired to write about any of them. 

So, while I was decorating my Christmas tree, cleaning and sorting my holiday decor, humming to myself, I realized what a wild ride my blog has taken me on.  I thought it would be a nice enhancement to my business.  I had no idea it would drive my business and become a very important part of my business.  It's provided advertising, opportunity, recognition, and community.  It's even provided friendships. 

I think I'll take all of that in exchange for an occasional day when I'm scratching my head, figuring out what to write about that would be worth reading. 

Are you thinking about clicking that "create a blog" button?  If so, beware, it just might change your life.

Miss Mustard Seed