Seasonal Confusion

I set up a Christmas tree in early October to photograph my "line."  As I decorated the tree, my almost four year old crept around the corner and his eyes widened.  He gasped and exclaimed with glee, "It's Christmas!"  "Oh, buddy, it's not Christmas.  Mommy's just taking pictures."  "Oh, okay." and he shuffled off, head hanging.  Poor little guy. 


Now, the tree is at Chartreuse for the barn sale and I am setting up pumpkin topiaries and other fall and Halloween decor to take pictures for HGTV.com tutorials for next year.  It actually works out well.  I was able to buy bargain pumpkins ($10 for a wagon full, the day before the great pumpkin smashing party) and clearance Halloween and fall decor.  My neighbors must scratch their heads at me.  There were tree lights in the window in October and now Halloween decor on my porch in November!


I must admit that the seasons are feeling a little muddled for me as well.  I spent the day working on sheet music wreaths, then carving and painting foam tombstones, and back to glittering snowflakes and painting a Christmas banner. 


I think I'll have my act together a little bit more next year. 

I hope. 

Miss Mustard Seed

PS - You girls rock!  Your feedback on my post about the PB sheet music and glitter line was so uplifting.  Thanks a bunch.