Furniture Feature Friday - Favorites & a Link Party




I learned something today.  Do not work out really, really hard (especially during the squat track in a Body Pump class) when you're later delivering stuff to your room in an antique store that is on the third floor.  I just about collapsed carrying a box of stuff up to my space. My legs and arms were shaking. Lesson learned. 

Anyway, it's nice to be snuggled on the couch with my laptop warming my sore quads.  Here are my favorite links from last week...

The second I saw this cupboard by Lisa from Recaptured Charm, it was love.  True love.  Like, Buttercup and Wesley love.  Lisa took a "eh" mirrored armoire and turned it into a "pie safe" that looks like it was plucked right out of a farm house.  Lisa and I go way back and this is by far my favorite thing she has ever done.  I want to steal it right off the page...in a nice, non-larceny kind of way. 


Natty from Natty By Design, one of my favorite "furniture girls", shares some great tips on working with bubbling and cracked veneer.  You won't be so intimidated after reading this post.  It's worth it...you can get those pieces for pretty cheap, because other people are intimidated.  Don't let that be you!  (Miss Mustard Seed and Natty are joining forces to raise awareness for VIS, veneer intimidation syndrome.  We hope to eradicate it by 2014.) 


 
And in keeping with useful furniture tutorials, Sarah from Three Boys takes the mystery out of working on the toughest part of upholstery, the back and sides.  I learned some new things reading this post and you probably will, too.

 



Enjoy the party!

 
Here are the rules for our furniture get-together...

1.) Your post has to be about furniture.  Please, please, please...just furniture.  If you find your link has been deleted, it's not because I'm mean, it's because your post was not about furniture.  You can share makeovers, awesome finds, favorite pieces, furniture arrangements, or even pieces on your wish list!  Built-in furniture like kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities qualify as furniture.  
2.) Post a permalink (the link to the post), not the link to your blog.
3.) This party will close Saturday at midnight PST and I will choose my favorite(s) and feature their piece(s) on next week's FFF.