Another French Chair

I can't help myself.  I spent years searching for a French chair and now they seem to find me.  A sweet local reader, Allie, sent me a picture of four chairs to see if I wanted them.  They were gorgeous antique wood-framed French chairs.  Yes please.  They were upholstered in cream canvas, but it was dingy and they needed to be reupholstered.  Today, I worked on two of them to take to Lucketts tomorrow. 




I left the beautiful wood frames alone (see, I don't paint everything) and I upholstered the back and seat with antique European grain sacks.  Gorgeous, huh?




I'm selling two and I'll probably keep two for myself. 





Today, I also finished a dining set, a beautiful buffet, an oversized chalk board, a gold leaf mirror and a dresser.  I painted the dresser with a new-to-me ASCP color, Greek Blue.  It's shocking when it goes on, but it is yummy now that it's been distressed and waxed.  I can't wait to snap some pictures of those pieces tomorrow in my space and share them with you. 


Thanks again for all of the amazing comments from my "Losing and finding myself" post.  I've been going blind reading through all of them, but it's been so worth it.  Some of you shared very touching stories and I feel a connection with them all.  You're an amazing bunch of ladies.  There was a guy in there, too.  His comment was a riot in contrast to the rest.  It was basically a shoulder shrug and a thumbs up.  That's what you get when you come wading in the deep end of an estrogen pool.