my kitchen counters

Before I get into my counters, I must share that progress was finally made in my half bathroom.  Remember?  The one that was a disaster and True Value came to the rescue?  They've done their part, but it seems like life and my work keep stalling things on our end.  It seems like there are always more pressing things to work on than a half bath in a house with two other toilets.  Last night, those two functioning toilets fell to just one.  The pipe that drains all of the plumbing from the upstairs was clogged and it was beyond our ability to repair, so we needed to bring out a plumber.  I didn't want to miss an opportunity to get something done and suggested we have him install our toilet in the half bath while he was there.  (It was complicated because of the new height added by the tile.)  Surprisingly, my husband agreed and now we are back to three working toilets.  Here's the thing, though.  Someone forgot to buy a toilet seat for the new toilet.  Someone assumed that toilet seats came with toilets.  I...er...I mean...someone didn't realize that toilet seats were an accessory.  Oh well.  We're getting there.  Slowly, but surely. 

Now, from the toilets to the counters. (Boy, this post was poorly planned.)  Anyway, I've received a few e-mails complimenting our counters and asking what they were made from.  I hate to disappoint, but these counters are green laminate. 



Not a hideous green and they are actually OK with the wall color and painted cabinets, but I cannot wait to replace them. I knew the second I walked into that kitchen they would be out at some point. 


I'm not sure if I'm going to replace them with some sort of stone or wood.  It's a toss up right now.  It won't be in the budget for a while, but I'm hoping by next spring this kitchen will have new floors, appliances and counters. 




When I finally do get new counters and, of course, share them on my blog, the preface will not be about toilets.  Promise.