Greek Blue

I love testing out new colors...escpecially blues.   So, last week I cracked open a can of ASCP (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint) Greek Blue.  Now, let me warn you.  The color is shocking when you first put it on.  It looks like electric blue.  You have to talk to yourself while you're using it and say, "Miss Mustard Seed warned me this would look like electric blue, but all will be well once it dries and is waxed."  Ok?  Let me tell you...this color is a stunner.  I love it. 



I've had this very old dresser in my basement for months.  It needed a lot of work and I kept putting off.  I finally worked on it...reattached the top, added new feet, fixed the drawers, cleaned it out, etc.  I am a bad blogger and didn't snap a before picture, but I'm sure you can imagine it.  It was that orangish wood, dried out, tired. 



I painted it in one coat of Greek Blue and hit the details with Old White.  I then heavily distressed the piece with a palm sander and a sanding sponge followed by a coat of clear wax mixed with dark. 


I love how it turned out and was so tempted to keep it for myself, but I didn't have the perfect place for it, which is my rule.  I am going to use this color somewhere in my house, though. 

Speaking of new colors, I just tried ASCP Olive on a dresser yesterday.  It's a lovely mossy green color and I'll share some pictures in a few days. 

On a different note, we had a bit of excitement here today.  Practically the entire east coast of the US was rocked with an earthquake.  I was sitting at my computer and I have a habit of fidgeting and shaking my foot.  So, I was shaking my foot and thought, "this bar stool is really wobbly."  I stopped shaking my foot, but the stool kept wobbling.  Then, the pot rack started swinging and the stack of dishes on my counter started chattering.  "I think this is a earthquake."  Craziness.  I hope everyone is OK and the damage was minimal.