Impervo Review

You girls are so amazing.  I have been laughing so hard at some of the suggested names for my cow.  You've also shared some wonderful stories and beautiful names of special women in your lives.  It's been so fun for me to read.  Thanks to all who have participated.  The contest is open until midnight PST tonight, so keep them coming!  (Just scroll down...)


While I was enjoying the pool and playtime with my kids in Orlando a few weeks ago, I received an e-mail from a reader. She wanted to know if I was concerned about the oil based paint I just used on my kitchen cabinets yellowing. Well, I am now! Thanks a lot! I had just slaved over 52 cabinets and 16 drawers and the thought of leaving bright white cabinets and coming home two weeks later to cabinets the color of butter gave me a pit in my stomach. I started running Internet searches and found forums where people complained about Impervo oil based white paint yellowing after just a couple of weeks. I wanted to call our house sitter and ask him if my cabinets looked yellow, but I refrained. 




When I came home, much to my relief, the cabinets were still bright white. A few weeks later and they are still bright white. The cabinets have held up to sticky toddler fingers, scrubbing, spills, bumps, slams and knocks.  Through all of that, the paint has not chipped or scratched off anywhere.  So, after a few weeks, I definitely give this paint a thumb's up.  The yellowing others have experienced may happen in a few years or it may be affected by light and humidity, but I'm not worried about it at this point. (If you'll get heartburn over it, Impervo comes in a water based paint that will not yellow.)



This quality Benjamin Moore paint can be purchased at your local True Value



The anonymous commenter who said I should name my cow "Miss Moo-stard Seed" make me laugh out loud.  So funny!



As a chosen member of the True Value DIY Blog Squad, I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program as well as my writing about the experience. I have also been compensated for the materials used in this DIY project. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.