cream of crab, humble pie & venison

On Thursday, my mother-in-law and I snuck away for an amazing lunch and a trip to Lucketts to restock my space.  If you're ever in Gettysburg, PA, you must go to Herr Tavern and savor a bowl of their cream of crab with corn soup.  Oh my.  Velvet in a bowl.  Heaven in a bowl.  The very best shopping day ever in a bowl.  And crab.  AND cream. 



I ordered my usual soup and 1/2 sandwich combo. 




The sandwich, chips and pickle, while good, are sort of like a garnish on the plate.  Just an accoutrement to the soup. 



So, after a good lunch, we drove down to Lucketts.  Remember this dresser?


Yeah.  This is the one with the gouged top.  I was in a big rush at Lucketts, so I didn't get pictures of how the top turned out, but it looks really rustic and cool.  (I just found out it sold already, so someone else obviously agreed.)



Here's where I ate some humble pie.  I received lots of e-mail, comments and even a phone call letting me know that an iron and damp towel would've made my life (and the top) a lot better.  This is evidence that there is always more to learn in my craft.  Thanks so much, ladies, for graciously sharing YOUR tips with ME. 




Here's how my room shaped up.  Like I said, I was in a big rush and I had to work around two big pieces that sold (the table and the curio.)  They were my prime display pieces, so I needed to clear them off and have them accessible.  I really need to take a long day and fill holes, repaint and take some good time to work on my space. 



Now for the venison.  Yes.  I bought a deer head at a yard sale.  You have to remember I live in PA where hunting is a way of life, so finding a deer head at a yard sale isn't that crazy.  Despite that fact, I felt a little crazy carrying it to the van and then up the stairs at Lucketts and hanging it on the wall in my space.



My mother-in-law named him Charlie. 




He looks so sweet and docile.  Poor Charlie. 

I had a huge shopping day today, which is a good thing, because my space at Lucketts was raided this weekend.  I need to find some furniture, though.  Ah...the never ending job of keeping a space stocked at Lucketts.   

One last thing...one of my newest sponsors, Bliss Farm Antiques is having a great Frenchy giveaway, so check it out!