...in with the new

Anytime I come home from a shopping trip, I have to see if I can work any of my new goodies into my home.  See, I look for a few different things when I shop...things to sell, things for photo shoots and things that are just for me.  Sometimes a piece can fit in all of those categories or maybe only one.  Sometimes I know I just love it and I'm not sure how I'm going to use it.  So, I play with it in my home to rule out keeping it. 


My living room accessories have remained the same for a few months (yawn, I know), so that's where I started playing.  The picture above is how it looks today and below is how it looked before. 



I took down the birdcage and hung some small mirrors on the window trim.  A stack of books sits on a wood box and my latest antique fan balances out the enamel pitcher filled with boxwood branches. 



I love the shape of this fan grate.  Love.





I also bought some book bundles that I scattered around the room.  It's hard for me to resist old books...



These book bundles found their way to the end tables along with a live boxwood arrangement from Target.




I have no idea why I was decorating in a very "summery" way, especially when I'm about to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas freelance jobs, but it's just how I was feeling today. 



I have piles of new things to take to Lucketts and I am going to be a busy girl this week...working on new things for my space and some articles. 



All of this work is taking over my house.  Sigh...my office. 


I really need an assistant or personal organizer...

...or miracle worker.