build a farm table with a drill

Aw...hugs, girls!  I am still reading through all of your amazing comments (almost 200 of them) that were written in reply to my post yesterday.  There were so many amazing and inspiring stories and moments shared.  I feel such affection for all of you and it's so nice to know we are not alone.  Thank you for taking the time to write those comments and e-mails. 

I write a monthly spread for Cottages and Bungalows magazine called "DIY Essentials."  The October 2011 issue features a tutorial on building a basic farm table.  If you've never done woodworking before, that might sound like a intimidating project, but my husband and I made one with just a drill.  No saws or other expensive, specialty tools.  It's sturdy and the size and leg style can be customized for your space.  Check out the issue to get all of the details.




The issue should be in the mailboxes of subscribers and it will hit newsstands soon. 




Now I have to get to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas projects...yes...in August.  Welcome to my world. 




Calli!  Congrats, girl!  Shop for me while you're there, please.