Mom's Afternoon Out

My husband has had a lot going on lately and that means I was in desperate need of a break.  Yesterday, my husband stayed home with the kids and gave me the afternoon out.  Woo-hoo!

While I was looking through the piles of junk at my favorite antique haunt, I had a thought that I needed to buy something for you!  My readers.  Well, for one lucky reader.  I'm creeping close to 2000 followers and that calls for a celebration and giveaway.  I decided I would put together "Miss Mustard Seed in a Box" for the winner.  Don't get worried.  I'm not going to pop out of a large crate that's delivered to your door step.  I'm going to put together a box of goodies that is very "me."  Here's a sneak peek of one of the items...  If you want a hint of what else might be included, you can check out my Favorite Things post. 
At the same shop where I shopped for you, I found another pair of doors that I just couldn't live without.  I'm sick.  I know.  Poor hubby. 
But, just look at the hardware, the chippy gray and white paint, the trim!  I absolutely love these and they were only $29 for the pair.  That seems like a rip off after everything I bought for $23 a couple of weeks ago, but this was still a great price. 
I think I'm going to hang them on the wall for now, but I would love (for my husband) to make a cabinet around these doors.  Wouldn't that be amazing?
I also picked up some ironstone.  This covered dish was only $6.00.  The secret is the the other handle is broken, but that's ok with me. 
This large mixing bowl was also only $6.00 due to a crack and a couple of chips. 
I also finally gave in a bought a pair of pillows I've been eyeing at TJ Maxx for a few months.  There were only two left and one had a teeny imperfection, so I got a discount on that one.  They are down filled and very comfy.  I would love to put them on my family room sofa, but they would spend most of the day on the floor, so that's not going to work. 
The pillows on my guest bed were a little lacking, so I added these into the mix and it give the bed a much more inviting and luxurious look. 
I also like that the puckered detail on the pillow plays against the matlasse spread and toile fabric. 
I'm using two vintage pillow cases that don't match, but that's ok.  It adds a "gathered over time" look to the bed. 
Now, I need to find a cute pair of complimentary sheets to fold over the spread. 
I had to share one last thing.  Look at this yummy scramble I made out of some of the farm fresh ingredients I received as a trade for my dresser.
This really isn't becoming a foodie blog, I promise.  I love cooking and have to share an occasional picture. 

Make sure to vote for the free consultation contest, if you haven't already!

Miss Mustard Seed

I linked this up to SNS to showase the rusty hardware on my doors.